About Your Next Jeff Ruby Experience…
As the number of confirmed Coronavirus cases in the U.S. increases, we have taken immediate, proactive and enhanced precautions to both prevent its spread as well as ensure the very best Jeff Ruby Experience possible.
News about this global concern is so fluid, it has understandably created anxiety and uncertainty. We’ve taken this threat seriously and have implemented comprehensive strategies and tactics to guard against it in each of our steakhouses.
Putting our team and our guests first has always been our most important priority and it’s one of the reasons several years ago we created a policy requiring each back of house and front of house manager in all seven of our restaurants as well as every Corporate Operations Director to become Level 2 ServSafe certified, one of the only restaurant groups in the country to do so. We’ve also maintained a long relationship with a leading third-party auditing service that upholds the strictest standards as defined by the FDA and locally governing health department administrations.
To build on those two key long-term staples of our operational standards, we’ve created an internal task force spanning the three states and five markets in which we operate. Its goal and initial output has been to ensure the free – and frequent – exchange of information, news, and practice models between a full range of front and back of house employees, management, and corporate teams.
Additional, specific measures were identified and have been immediately implemented including:
- Reviewing existing protocols to ensure compliance with CDC guidance and standards
- Increasing depth and frequency of cleaning processes in all reception, kitchen, lounge & dining areas, door hardware, light switchplates, and restroom fixtures
- Increasing the distance between dining tables and chairs to reduce guest proximity
- Increasing the frequency of surface cleaning of all staff and guest facing supplies, trays, smallwares and more
- Implementing restrictions on non-essential work-related travel and intercompany visits
- Requiring bar, kitchen and prep teams to wear gloves, and appropriately dispose of them and reapply after each task is completed
- Removing check presenters
- Removing physical menus in exchange for special tableside verbal presentation by servers
- Capping total number of guests every night to reduce crowding and ensure a comfortable experience for all
- Mandatory frequent hand washing and after any interpersonal contact
- Preventing potentially sick employees from working
- Adding doormen at each location to welcome guests and hold doors
Again, many of these measures were already in place, however it is extremely important to us to exceed not only CDC guidance but to go beyond our own high expectations. The trajectory of the Coronavirus issue is certainly concerning for everyone in hospitality right now. We feel an obligation to our wonderful teams, guests and communities to do all we can to combat this. We’re all in this together and it’s critically important for the entire restaurant community to remain healthy, financially and otherwise.
Last, I’m excited to let you know about our brand new online Curbside Take Out offering. While many guests have long enjoyed swinging by our restaurants to pick up dinner on the way home, we’ve just launched a new online portal through which you can easily place orders for pickup from our entire menu. We’ve tested this extensively over the past 4 months and are thrilled about its timely launch this week at each of our locations! To check it out, please CLICK HERE!
On behalf of Jeff, Brandon, Dillon Ruby and the rest of the Jeff Ruby team, we look forward to seeing you at your next Jeff Ruby Experience!
Britney Ruby Miller